Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Seattle, WA
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
The Administrative Assistant will provide critical administrative support to the Global Partnerships (GP) Seattle headquarters and the GP Executive Team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, proactive and independent administrative and office assistant who assumes personal ownership on a day to day basis for the organization. The person will exemplify GP’s commitment to mission, respect, collaboration, and excellence. Hours are defined as 8am‐5pm, however this may be adjusted based on daily projects.
THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ROLE
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day‐to‐day functioning of the Seattle office and for supporting the Finance and Operations teams. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be based at GP’s global headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
Specifically, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Maintain the appearance of the kitchen, conference rooms, and front desk/personal work space.
- Provide excellent daily office support including: answering and prioritizing telephone calls, responding to email and mail communications.
- Ensure office supplies are ordered and maintained.
- Organize office events that support teamwork and help create an exceptional work environment.
- Monitor, answer and/or route incoming inquiries that come into firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide all phone related training and support.
- Provide all printer related training and support, including ordering of supplies and managing service.
- Coordinate onboarding schedules for new staff and schedules for staff visiting from abroad.
- Create and manage job postings for GP. Support Executive Team on new hire screening and resume processing.
- Proactively provide administrative support to the CEO and Executive Team, including calendaring, travel, expense reporting and meeting support.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately, including information collection, processing, and distribution. This includes compiling board and meeting materials, collecting and storing materials, and processing financial information.
- Independently manage special/administrative projects in dynamic, fast‐paced environment with GP’s executive team and the Board of Directors.
- Proactively manage scheduling for all Board governance activities including Committee meetings, Board meetings, and Board retreats.
- Prepare meeting agendas/materials with CEO, CIO, COO and Board/Committee Chairs.
- Maintain corporate minutes and records.
- Coordinate teleconferences, workshops, meetings, and other events including equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, hotel, taxicabs, and other necessary details for staff and guests.
- Manage the registration process for all guests attending GP’s large and small events.
- Create, compile, and process expense/credit card reports for all staff on a monthly basis.
- Support Accounting Officer with accounts payable processing for all GP offices and with other accounting responsibilities, as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing administrative and office support to senior executives in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently.
- Exceptional organizational skills and composure needed to work within a fast‐paced work environment, including proven ability to prioritize competing demands effectively and adapt easily and quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy, coupled with sound judgment and problem‐solving capabilities.
- Solid attention to accuracy, detail and deadlines.
- Proven experience to handle confidential matters with professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, and Outlook. Experience working in QuickBooks preferred.
- Full fluency in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people, including GP CEO and senior executives, GP staff, community members, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for Global Partnerships’ mission and business model, embodying our guiding principles: dedicated, strategic, collaborative, aspirational, learning and excellence.
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package.
Global Partnerships is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Global Partnerships will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as received and the recruitment efforts will be ongoing until the position is filled. Due to the high number of applications expected, we ask candidates to refrain from follow up emails or phone calls.