Position: Assistant Compliance Officer (PART TIME POSITION)
Supervisor: Vice President, Finance & Administration
Location: Seattle, WA
Global Partnerships (GP) is a nonprofit impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Compliance Officer will be part of GP’s Finance and Operations Team. She/he will assist monitoring and ensuring the organization is in compliance with the requirements of various legal, tax, regulatory, and other government agencies in both the U.S. and regions where Global Partnerships operates. This role intersects with many different aspects of the organization, with the objective of improving compliance and reporting throughout the organization. She/he will report to the VP of Finance & Administration. The Assistant Compliance Officer will play an instrumental role in helping GP further our mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty. This is a part time position, 3 days a week. Standard company benefits will apply.
- In collaboration with the VP of Finance and Chief Compliance Officer, track, review, and submit all compliance, tax, regulatory and other legal reporting requirements accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining compliance records, as well as formulating and maintaining an effective records management system and archiving process
- Manage various compliance projects by working across teams, following up on deadlines, and enhancing reporting processes
- Communicate and maintain relationships with applicable staff, legal and accounting service providers outside of the US, government entities, and other external reporting stakeholders
- Research and work with internal and external experts to understand an ever changing legal, tax, and compliance landscape
- Update existing and create new documentation around various company policies and manuals
- Collaborate across teams to assess changing compliance, tax, and legal needs as a result of organizational growth
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, with an ability to prioritize and stay focused on outcomes and project vision and while adhering to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to be decisive and drive a project or process forward effectively
- Possess the acumen to learn and implement new systems
- Solid writing and documentation skills
- Strong tendency to eagerly accept ownership and to enjoy tackling an amorphous, complex project
- Process driven mindset, strong work ethic, ability to effectively multi-task, and possess intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills and successful at interfacing effectively with a variety of personalities and cultures
- Determined to contribute to, and support, a high-performance organization
- Embodies GP’s values as a Dedicated, Strategic, Collaborative, Aspirational Learner, committed to Excellence, and has a passion for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a compliance, tax, or legal related field
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for a degree in business or pre-law
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products and familiarity with compliance related software
- Fluency or competency in other languages, especially Spanish, preferred
- Ability to work legally in the United States of America
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please follow the below link to apply.
Failure to do so may cause a delay in reviewing your application. Interviews with final candidates are required.
Required Application Documents:
- Brief Cover letter
Global Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please apply by July 8, 2020.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
Finalists will be asked to submit references, including name, email, and phone number, of at least two former supervisors. All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.