Position: Credit Operations Officer (Part-time position)
Supervisor: Senior VP Credit, with the Investment Analysis Officer (based in Seattle) as Operational Supervisor
Location: Seattle, Washington
Global Partnerships (GP) is a nonprofit impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Credit Operations Officer will be a critical part of GP’s Social Investment Team, and specifically the credit and monitoring team, which is responsible for credit risk management across GP’s debt portfolio. They will support the monitoring and analysis of social enterprise partners by maintaining data, developing analysis tools, and working across teams to improve processes. This role is based in Seattle but will also interact with colleagues in the Bogotá and Nairobi offices. The Credit Operations Officer will report to the SVP of Credit, with day-to-day operational accountability to an Investment Analysis Officer. This is a part-time position, 24 hours per week. Standard company benefits, including health insurance, will apply.
- Support the creation and maintenance of analysis tools and templates needed by GP’s Social Investment Team to structure and monitor fund investments
- Collaborate across teams to develop or improve processes, frameworks, and workflows
- Update and monitor the integrity, quality, and timeliness of data in the portfolio database
- Collect, input, and analyze financial data from social enterprise partners to monitor performance and assess credit risk
- Support the investment closing and disbursement process as needed
- Strong operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to be decisive and drive a project or process forward effectively
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, with an ability to prioritize and stay focused on outcomes and project vision and while adhering to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn to use new software programs
- Strong communication skills and successful at interfacing effectively with a variety of personalities and cultures
- Solid writing skills
- Strong initiative and ability to self-manage
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment without the analytical support or infrastructure generally available in large organizations
- Embodies GP’s values as a Dedicated, Strategic, Collaborative, Aspirational Learner, committed to Excellence, and has a passion for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, with a preference for credit analysis experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience managing external data sources for reporting and analysis
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English, professional proficiency in Spanish and/or French highly preferred
- Ability to work legally in the United States
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please follow the below link to apply.
Failure to do so may cause a delay in reviewing your application. Interviews with final candidates are required.
Required Application Documents:
- Brief Cover letter
Global Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please apply by November 30, 2020.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
Finalists will be asked to submit references, including name, email, and phone number. All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.