Artisans is the second largest area of economic activity in the developing world behind agriculture. Most artisans do not have access to international markets that would enable them to receive fair prices for their work and reach more customers.
Global Partnerships (GP) aims to improve the economic position of artisans and their families by investing in partners who provide access to markets as well as price premiums to increase and stabilize their household income.
WHO IS SERVED?
The target demographic is informal artisan laborers living on less than $5.50 per person, per day.
WHAT IS DELIVERED?
- Market access: stable contracts with price premiums
- Technical assistance: product design and development, business training and/or certification
WHY IS IT IMPACTFUL?
Net incomes of artisan families increase and/or stabilize due to:
- Higher and/or more stable prices and/or volume sold
- Diversification of income sources
- Increase awareness of product-market fit
- Access and use of improved production techniques
HOW IS IT SUSTAINED?
Costs of providing service are funded by sales margins to wholesalers, retailers and/or end consumers.