Many microfinance institutions who provide group loans and group training are limited in their ability to provide microentrepreneurs with larger loans and more specialized capacity building as business grow.
Global Partnerships (GP) aims to improve the economic position of microentrepreneurs and their families by investing in partners who provide loans tailored for business growth as well as in-depth capacity building to increase their household income.
WHO IS SERVED?
The target demographic is microentrepreneurs living on <$5.50 PPP/person/day.
WHAT IS DELIVERED?
Microentrepreneurs must receive:
- Individual tailored productive use loans to support business growth; AND
- Specialized capacity building tailored to clients’ productive activity, which may take the form of 1:1 business consulting, workshops or courses on topics relevant to client productive activity, and/or in-depth TA programs.
Microentrepreneurs may also receive:
- Networking services;
- Market linkages;
- Access to savings;
WHY IS IT IMPACTFUL?
Household net income increases over time as microentrepreneurs:
- Invest in new, improved, or growing productive opportunities, practices, inputs, technology, and/or assets;
- Increase productivity, efficiency, and/or value of production;
- Reduce financial, legal, and operational risks in their businesses;
- Reach better markets.