Who is Served?
Rural households living on less than $3.10/day who depend on smallholder farming on less than two hectares of land for their livelihood.
What is delivered?
- Affordable high-impact agriculture inputs and crop specific technical assistance (TA) services to understand how to properly use them.
- Focus inputs are improved (non-GMO) seeds, fertilizers, and/or veterinary inputs (improved feeds, medicines and/or vaccinations).
- Focus on key staple crops and/or livestock raised by smallholder farmers. Includes cash crops (maize, roots, tubers, fruits and vegetables), dairy cattle, poultry, sheep, pigs and goats.
Why is it impactful?
Net incomes and food security of smallholder farmer families increase and/or stabilize due to one or more of the following:
- Higher and/or more stable crop yields
- Improved long-lasting soil fertility
- Decreased mortality and/or increased productivity of livestock
- Improved farming and/or husbandry techniques
How is it sustained?
This is sustained through retail sales margins of the good or service provider to end consumer.